COVID 19 Response
We have changed but we’re still the same.
~ Gwen Stefani
**Update May 14, 2021** Effective July 1, 2021 and in accordance with SB2006 signed by Florida Governor DeSantis on May 3, 2021, fully vaccinated clients will no longer be required to wear face masks when visiting our office. This means that we will resume offering in-person therapy sessions. However, please be advised that the staff of Envision Wellness reserve the right to ask for proof of COVID-19 vaccination to provide in-person services without a mask. As health care providers licensed under Chapter 490 of Florida Statutes, the staff of Envision Wellness is exempt from prohibitions to require documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination per SB2006, Section 18 which creates 381.00316 COVID-19 vaccine documentation (6).
**Update April 23, 2021** Our team is completing the COVID vaccination process in the hopes of returning to in-person sessions as soon possible. In the meantime, we continue to offer therapy sessions online/telehealth (unless clinically contraindicated). Psychological evaluations continue to take place in-person with safety precautions.
**Update July 6, 2020** Due to the worsening COVID situation in Miami-Dade County, we will return to offering therapy sessions exclusively online (unless clinically contraindicated). Psychological evaluations continue to take place in-person with safety precautions.
**Update June 1, 2020** As of Monday, June 8, 2020, Envision Wellness will resume all in-person psychological services. We have taken steps to reduce the risk of spreading the coronavirus (COVID 19) within the office. These efforts include:
- Making hand soap available
- Making hand lotion available (no dry, chapped hands!)
- Disposable hand towels
- Disposable toilet seat covers
- Available hand sanitizer pumps throughout the office and in therapy/testing rooms
- No-touch trash cans and frequent disposal of trash bins
- True HEPA air purifiers with germicidal UV lights throughout the office and in therapy/testing rooms
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high-contact surfaces and materials throughout each day
- Requiring office staff to wear face masks, face shields, and gloves
- Employee hand washing before and after each session
- Sanitizing therapy/testing rooms after each session
- Removal of magazines from waiting area
- Designating seating that supports physical distancing practices in the office waiting area
- Designating seating that supports physical distancing practices in therapy/testing rooms
- Limiting use of office waiting area to 3 people max at any given time
- Disposable pencils for testing
- Requiring staff who are sick to stay home and work from home
- Requiring clients who are sick to stay home and use telehealth
Our office staff will screen clients by phone to determine who can resume in-person services. If you visit our office, please adhere to the following policies:
- If you have felt sick in the most recent 14 days:
- Reschedule your appointment, or
- Convert your appointment to telehealth
- Make sure you have signed the COVID -19 Release Form in your client portal before coming to the office.
- Please wear a face mask and a face shield (optional). These items will not be provided for you.
- Come to your appointment alone. No one except the client will be allowed inside the office. Children, elderly, or incapacitated individuals may only be accompanied by 1 other person. No exceptions.
- Sessions must start and end promptly. Please be on time!
- Five minutes before your appointment time, ring the doorbell and wait outside. Someone will come get you.
- A staff member will take and record your temperature using a contactless thermometer.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds immediately once inside.
- Sit in the designated seats.
Please contact us if you have any questions or doubts about our COVID response. We appreciate your cooperation with these new health and safety requirements.
It’s a new world out there.
We’re ready to help you face it with courage, resilience and… clean hands. 😉