Gifted Testing and Intelligence (IQ) Testing & Evaluations
Your child is smart… really smart.
And it’s not just you that thinks so. Most people say that s/he thinks and speaks like a little adult. Even their teacher has mentioned that a gifted class may be a good fit next school year. As a parent, you want to make sure that you give your child every opportunity to achieve their potential in school.
Gifted testing can help you do that.
Having your child complete an IQ test to determine if s/he qualifies for placement in a gifted program is a good idea if they excel significantly beyond their peers in school. The results of these evaluations can help parents and teachers understand a child’s areas of relative strength and weakness, allowing for more individualized instruction. Gifted programs can challenge academically talented children and allow them to make the most out of natural abilities.
Won’t my child’s school do the gifted test?
While the local public school district can perform a gifted evaluation for free, a teacher has to recommend that your child be tested for gifted. Even if the teacher makes the recommendations, it may take them a long time to get around to testing your child. Most private schools don’t offer gifted testing at all.
Private gifted testing gives you control.
Private gifted testing reduces wait times and allows you to control what day and time of day your child is tested so s/he can perform their best. It also lets you, as a parent, decide if the gifted evaluation becomes a part of your child’s academic records.
Based just outside of Coral Gables, FL, our team of psychologists are former teachers and psychologists that worked for Miami-Dade County Schools. They have extensive knowledge of gifted testing, as well as the gifted program eligibility and requirements of Miami-Dade County Schools and local private schools.
Our IQ tests aren’t just for children.
Sometimes adults also want or need IQ testing. The common reasons include joining Mensa International (or similar organizations), meeting qualifications for egg/sperm donation and/or surrogacy, or to establish cognitive abilities for workplace settings.
This evaluation includes:
- 60 – 90 minute of IQ/ Intelligence test administration
- 1 – 2 days to score and write the final report
- 30 minutes Feedback session with parents to review the report and answer questions
Total Time for completion = 7 days or less*
*Rushed reports are available, subject to an additional fee.
- Our private gifted evaluations meet both public and private schools’ requirements for gifted placement.
- Please note that choosing private gifted testing does not guarantee your child will qualify for gifted placement.
- The same intelligence test cannot be repeated within 12 months. If you or your child is being re-tested, please let us know which test was previously administered in advance. Failure to do so will lead to your child’s school rejecting the results of our gifted testing.