Pre-Adoption Psychological Evaluations
After all the ups and downs, your dream of having a family is so close to a reality.
But now your adoption specialist asked you for a pre-adoption psychological evaluation… in addition to the exhaustive home study that you’ve already completed.
You’re not exactly sure what a pre-adoption evaluation even is.
So now you’re worried. Saying the wrong thing to a psychologist you just met could mean the end of your adoption process…or delay it with more red tape. Starting a family has already been a long journey. Now you’re nervous that this pre-adoption psychological evaluation might be the one thing that screws up everything.
With so much at stake, you need a psychologist that understands the requirements for adopting.
Based in Miami, FL, our licensed psychologists can conduct these pre-adoption evaluations in both English and Spanish. Our team is multi-culturally trained and familiar with the demands of both domestic and international adoptions. Your evaluation is conducted and your report is written to meet the specifications of your adoption agency and the country in which you are adopting.
A pre-adoption psychological evaluation doesn’t have to be just another (scary) hoop you jump through.
From the moment you arrive at our comfortable Coral Gables office, we strive to provide an informative and stress-free experience that helps you understand your readiness for adoption and discover any additional support you may need for a successful adoption.
This evaluation includes:
- One 1 ½ – 2-hour joint interview with a licensed psychologist*
- Two 45-minute individual interviews with a licensed psychologist*
- 1 – 2 hours of test administration per client*
- 1 – 2 days to score and analyze test results & review the home study report
- 2 – 3 days to write the report draft
- 4 – 5 days for proofreading and revisions, depending on your adoption specialist’s response time
- 30-minute final feedback session to review the report and answer questions
- 3 original copies of the final report with notarization and psychologist’s license
Click here for a full-length article with more in-depth information about our pre-adoption psychological evaluations.
Total Time for completion = 14 working days or less*
*Varies depending on requirements. Some adoption agencies require interviews to take place across 2 or 3 different days, while others allow the entire evaluation to occur on the same day. Rushed reports available, subject to an additional fee.
Call or schedule a Consult to learn more and get pricing for this evaluation.