You wondered if there was something wrong with you.
As an adult, you’ve worked hard to achieve your success and leave your painful childhood in the past. But that hurt seeps into your present life in the form of sadness, emptiness, depression, anxiety, stress, low self-esteem, perfectionism, and failed/unfulfilling relationships. It’s also difficult for you to ask for help, trust others, or depend on them. You doubt whether your partner loves you – maybe you’re so damaged that you can’t be loved. A part of you wonders if you’re even capable of loving. The other part of you is frustrated and wants you to move on and get on with life. But…
Deep inside you know it’s time to heal the old wounds from growing up with toxic parents.
Psychotherapy can help you make peace with the past without telling you to “forgive and forget” because those are your parents. Our therapists combine their years of professional experience with an understanding of the subtle messages that permeate the culture in Miami to help you:
- Acknowledge your painful experiences growing up with childhood emotional neglect and/or toxic parents
- Question your toxic parents’ love for you without fear of being shamed or judged
- Explore your confusion and contradictory feelings for your parents
- Learn how codependency, attachment styles, and childhood emotional neglect impact your current relationships
- Decide if you want a relationship with your parents as an adult
- Discover what type of relationship you’d like to have with your parents as an adult
- Feel less anxious, depressed, and stressed out
- Let go of perfectionism and need of others’ validation
- Gain a healthier perception of your self worth
- Set healthy boundaries with others
- Improve your personal relationships
Click below if you’re ready to live the happy and fulfilling adult life you deserve.